BSCAI announced in a statement the recipients of the 2020 BSCAI CLEAN Awards, an awards program that highlights professional excellence among building service contractors (BSCs) and related businesses. The 2020 recipients, recognizing new members, business leadership, volunteer service and exceptional safety, were recognized on the final day of the BSCAI 2020 Contracting Success+ Virtual Experience on Oct. 22. The winners were selected by the BSCAI Awards Committee made up of 13 practicing BCS professionals from BSCAI member companies.
“This year, the BSC industry has been tested. We are extremely proud of all of our members, but especially our 2020 CLEAN Award recipients, as they have shown strength, leadership and excellence through uncertain times,” said Christopher Mundschenk, CAE, BSCAI executive director.
Highlights of the BSCAI 2020 Clean Award slate include the following:
– The James E. Purcell Leadership Award is the most prestigious award presented each year by BSCAI. It is given in recognition of long-term service to both the association and the building service contracting industry. James E. Purcell was BSCAI's founder and first President serving from 1965-1967. The 2020 James E. Purcell Leadership Award is proudly bestowed upon Jim Harris, Jr., CBSE, Janitronics Facility Services.
– The Building Service Employee of the Year Award honors that building service contracting employee whose job performance, civic involvement and family role best exemplify qualities found in superior custodial employees. The 2020 BSCAI Building Service of the Year Award Winner is awarded to Sarah Bergquist, MSNW Group, LLC.
– For the second year in a row, BSCAI awarded the Emerging Leader Award Presented by Contracting Profits. This award is granted to a BSC professional 40 years old or younger, who demonstrates excellence, and is making positive contributions to the contract cleaning industry. This rising star can be the owner of a contract cleaning company or a member of a company’s executive team. The winner of the 2020 Emerging Leader award is Kathleen Bands, RBSM, Chief Executive Officer of My Cleaning Service, Inc.
– The BSCAI Cleaning for Health Award, presented by ProTeam, honors BSCs that have Cleaning for Health programs, a cleaning regimen that helps reduce the levels of allergens and asthma triggers in indoor environments. A Cleaning for Health program consists of policies, procedures and training that emphasizes the impact on the health of building occupants and staff in addition to equipment that reduces building contaminants and minimizes environmental impact. The winner of the 2020 Cleaning for Health Award is 4M Business Solutions.
– For six years, the Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award, presented by Marsden Holding, LLC, has been given to companies that promote leaders from within their organizations and that demonstrate an overall commitment to growth and development by investing in education and training for their employees. The winner of the 2020 Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award is AffinEco LLC.
– The Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award recognizes companies for their volunteer effort for charities and the community. BSCAI makes a donation to a charity of the winner’s choice on their behalf. The winner of the 2020 Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award is BRAVO! Group Services.
The remaining list of BSCAI’s 2020 CLEAN Award recipients appears below.
Individual award winners include
– Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service: Guy Mingo, Marsden Holding, LLC
Company award winners are:
– Industry Service Award: Affinity HR Group, Inc.
– Mid-Size Company Image Award: ESS Clean, Inc.
– New Member of the Year Award: Kleen-Tech
– Large Company Image Award: MSNW Group, LLC
– Category A Safety Award: Inside and Out Maintenance, LLC
– Category A Safety Award: Flair Building Services
– Category B Safety Award: MSNW Group, LLC
– Category B Safety Award: Saber Building Services, Inc.
– Category B Safety Award: ESS Clean, Inc.
– Category C Safety Award: Service by Medallion
– Category C Safety Award: Enviro-Clean Services, Inc.
– Category D Safety Award: 4M Building Solutions
– Category D Safety Award: BRAVO! Group Services
– Category D Safety Award: Diversified Maintenance Systems LLC
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.
Industry News & Trends
Industry Training & Events
Advice from the Field
Insights & Updates
Select an Organization ▾ Distributor/Wholesaler Building Service Contractor Manufacturer Rep Firm (Manufacturer's Agent) In-house Facility/Cleaning Management Manufacturer Industry Consultant Residential Cleaning Other All fields are required.
- Brooms, Mops & Carts
- Business & Industry
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaners & Disinfectants
- Dilution Control
- Floor Care Chemicals
- Floor Care Equipment
- Floor Pads & Brushes
- Green Cleaning & Sustainability
- Hand Dryers
- Ice Melt
- Infection Control
- Odor Control
- Paper Products & Dispensers
- Soap & Dispensers