Apple has sold more than 500 million iPads, CEO Tim Cook said Tuesday during the company's virtual launch event. Cook added that more than half of iPad customers are purchasing one for the first time.
The iPhone maker revealed its latest iPads during Tuesday's event, which you can preorder starting today. The new eighth generation entry-level iPad features a 10.2-inch display and will be available starting Friday. It starts at $329, and is priced at $299 for education customers.
For more like this
Subscribe to the Apple Report newsletter, receive notifications and see related stories on CNET.
- Apple unveils colorful iPad Airs, 8th gen iPad
- Apple announces new Apple Watch Series 6
- Full coverage of Apple's event
"iPad has been ranked number one in customer satisfaction for 10 straight years, every year since it launched" Cook said. "Our users are doing more than ever with iPad, so we continue to push iPad forward."
- • reading Apple says it's sold over 500 million iPads
- • Sep 15 Apple Watch SE could make it easier to jump on the smartwatch bandwagon
- • Sep 15 Apple Watch Series 6 and Apple Watch SE available Friday: How to preorder now
- • Sep 15 Apple TVOS 14 available Sept. 16 with picture-in-picture, Xbox controller support
- • Sep 15 Apple Watch Series 6 is here: All about the new health sensors, Fitness Plus and Family Setup